The PageFlip Firefly is a wireless Bluetooth/USB pedal designed to meet the needs of musicians and people with disabilities who struggle with the challenge and inconvenience of page turning. The Firefly is PageFlip's newest premium pedal. It takes our popular Cicada pedal and incorporates a whole set of features suggested by our own Cicada users: illuminated pedals, programmable pedal modes, independently programmed external pedals, longer inactivity period before entering sleep mode, wireless and wired connectivity options, ergonomic design, and more heft for rugged use.
PageFlip Firefly works exclusively with digital documents, web pages, and image collections on any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. It even works with iPads and Android tablets under select apps that accept keyboard commands. By simply tapping the dual pedal of the PageFlip Firefly, the digital content can now be flipped or scrolled in either the forward or reverse directions for convenient hands-free reading.
People with disabilities can easily connect their favorite external switch to the PageFlip Firefly to trigger page turns. Sip-and-puff (breath-controlled) devices or Ablenet Jelly Bean pushbuttons are examples of popular switches available to people with disabilities. Musicians will, of course, prefer to tap the PageFlip Firefly, or a connected external pedal, with their foot rather than take their hands (and their focus) off their instruments.
The PageFlip Firefly emulates a standard keyboard and works with any software that uses keyboard strokes to navigate through digital files. For added versatility, the user may select among five modes for the dual pedals: PageUp/PageDown, Left/Right arrow, Up/Down arrow, Left/Right mouse click, and Space/Enter. Changing modes is as simple as pressing a button.
The Firefly now offers the user the option to reprogram the five preset modes so that each pedal can now be transmit any desired key press or hotkey function. Simply download our free software, pair the pedal to a Windows computer using Bluetooth, and run the downloaded software to reassign the pedal functions. Just press the Mode Reset button on the rear of the pedal to restore the factory settings anytime.
The PageFlip Firefly works with iPads under select keyboard-compatible apps such as forScore, unrealBook, Deepdish GigBook, MusicReader, Music Podium, NextPage, OnSong, PowerMusic, Avid Scorch, Sheet Music Direct, Scorecerer, Set List Maker, Steinway Etude, Virtual Sheet Music, Teleprompt+, and Online Planning Center.
The PageFlip Firefly also works with any Android tablet under select apps such as MobileSheets, SongBook, Fakebook, Lyrics Flipper+, Moon+ Reader, EBookDroid, Cool Reader, and ezPDF Reader.
The PageFlip Firefly pedal also works with any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. If your computer does not have Bluetooth, no problem. You can either purchase a Bluetooth USB dongle from us that you can plug into your computer's USB port for instant wireless Bluetooth support, or you can use the USB cable (included) for wired connectivity! Once you try the PageFlip Firefly pedal you will be amazed by the convenience of hands-free reading.
- Dimensions: 6.8" (W) x 5.8" (H) x 1.4" (D)
- Weight: 9.6 ounces (271 grams)
- Battery Life: 200 hours of continuous turning or approximately 200,000 page turns
- Connectivity: Wireless operation using Bluetooth 3.0, or wired operation using USB cable
- Sleep Mode: Enters sleep mode after 30-minute inactivity period. Press pedal to awaken within 3 seconds.
- Pedal Modes: PageUp/Dn, Left/Right arrows, Up/Down arrows, Left/Right mouse click, Space/Enter
- Programming: The five preset modes can be reprogrammed using our Windows software.
- Power: 2 AA batteries or supplied USB cable (input: 100V-240V, 50/60 Hz; output: 3V, 40 mA)
- USB: Supplied power/data cable plugs into USB ports or any iPad/iPhone USB AC adapter
- Includes: Firefly pedal, USB power/data cable, Quickstart guide in English/French/German/Spanish