Originally released in 2001, the 2882 was the first the first digitally controlled FireWire interface designed specifically for the Macintosh.
The Granddaddy of them all, the 2882 just keeps getting better. A seminal piece of gear, the feature set of the 2882 represents a list of firsts in the industry. The 2882 was the first Mac-only FireWire interface on the market and was the first bus-powerable FireWire interface ever. It was also the first (and only) FireWire interface to offer onboard fully instantiable DSP processing with our unique +DSP processing environment. The first 96k FireWire interface, and the first to feature digitally controlled analog stages, the 2882 has inspired an entire genre of gear.
Take a look at some other products on the market and you are sure to find numerous features and approaches originally invented by Metric Halo. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and as we look around the now-crowded interface market, we’re happy to say that we’re truly flattered!
Updated with 3d, 2882 3d jumps ahead of its competition again.
The 2882 3d is a portable, high–quality, modular multi-format audio converter, interface, and processor.
Each 2882 3d integrates:
- 8 Mic/Line/Instrument analog inputs
- 8 analog outputs on balanced TRS connectors
- 24/96k converters on all channels
- Headphone amp with dedicated D/A and front panel mute/dim
- Full front-panel metering
- Remote gain control on all channels
- AES I/O (2 Channels)
- SPDIF I/O (2 Channels)
- ADAT I/O (8 Channels)
- All Analog I/O supports 96k
- All Digital I/O supports 192k
- 128 Channel x 64 bus mixer (up to 192k)
- Instantiable DSP processing with over 100 plugins
- Integrated surround-capable Monitor Controller
- Incredibly accurate DPLL clock with ultra-low jitter
- Seamless hardware multi-unit unification over MHLink (mixer, routing and transport)
- MH EdgeBus Card slot with support for AES/SPDIF/MADI/ADAT/TOSLINK/MIDI (depending on card)
- SMUX support for ADAT and MADI
- Front panel metering and control with dedicated gain knobs
- Bullet-proof recording with the integrated Record Panel
- MIO Console 3d
- MHLink Ethernet connectivity
- USB-C connectivity