Neumann tube sound with a cardioid directional characteristic and a classic design. The double diaphragm capsule is derived from that of its legendary predecessors, the U 47 and M 49.
The M 147 Tube is a vacuum tube condenser microphone with cardioid characteristic. At the heart of this microphone is the K 47 dual diaphragm capsule, inherited from this model's now legendary predecessors, the U 47 and the M 49.
Following the capsule is a tube that functions as an impedance converter. The next stage is an efficient, transformerless output circuit, that guarantees an extremely low self-noise level. Note: This innovative combination of current tube technology with the most advanced solid-state circuitry was decisive in awarding the 1997 TEC Award to the related M 149 Tube mic.
The M 147 Tube can feed extremely long microphone cables without affecting the quality of the audio signal. Like all Neumann tube microphones, the M 147 Tube comes with an elegant satin nickel finish.
The microphone is delivered as a complete set in a high-quality aluminum case. Included with the microphone are a microphone cable, a metal swivel mount for a mic stand, and a compact universal power supply for standard mains sockets. Our modern manufacturing methods makes it possible to offer this complete set at a very attractive price.
- Universal tube microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with the large diaphragm capsule from the legendary U 47 and M 49
- Transformerless circuitry
- Low self noise level
- Comes with swivel stand mount made of metal, universal power supply, and cable in an attractive aluminium case
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 20 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 82 dB
- Typical SPL (tube characteristic)2) 114 dB for THD < 0.5 %, 134 dB for THD < 5 %
- Maximum output voltage 8 dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted) 102 dB for THD < 0.5 %, 122 dB for THD < 5 %
- Powering Power supply N 149 A
- Matching connector Microphone: DIN 8F, Power Supply: XLR3F
- Weight 460 g
- Diameter 57 mm
- Length 142 mm
1) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
2) measured as equivalent el. input signal